Portable UV-C Light Sterilizer
Professional Laboratory technology is now available in a portable handheld device that emits a specialized UV-C light that kills 99.99% of all bacteria, mold, viruses, and germs in one scan. We’ve tested many UV sterilizers and have found this portable device operating at 254.3nm extremely effective and safe for use in mycology.
UV Sterilization offers another layer of protection against contamination. The UV-C light penetrates and destroys the DNA of thin walled germs like mold, bacteria and viruses but is safe on mushroom spores, cultures and the growing mycelium. There are countless uses for this technology for indoor mushroom growing.
Some examples include:
The 15.25” long, built in safety switch, adjustable timer settings, built in safety features include auto-off when tilted upward for additional eye protection. Instructions and additional guide on how to use properly during the mushroom growing process are included. Requires 4AA batteries (not included).
- Sterilizing the surfaces of your work area prior to spore inoculation
- Add second sterilizing method to spore syringe needles during inoculation.
- Sterilizing injection sites on spawn bags prior to inoculation.
- Stop many strains of mold and 99.9% of bacteria from spreading in your fruiting chamber.
- Sterilize spore prints while making your own spore syringes.
- Small enough to use inside a glove-box.
- Keep damp perlite sanitized in between flushes.
- Has been shown to save cakes that have small mold spots growing.
- Many more uses outside the mushroom world!
- Sanitize your cell phone, Kitchen counters, Utensils, bathrooms, toothbrushes, desktops, computer keyboard & many more!
Jumbo Mushroom Drying Kit
This kit includes everything you need to dry a large amount of mushrooms perfectly. There is no better way to prepare your mushrooms for storage than to dry them the right way without the use of heat. Our Jumbo Drying Kit is easy to use and combines two of the best desiccants we have tested for drying mushrooms. We recommend our Jumbo Drying kit for anyone growing 18 Jars or more, two or more spawn bags or any bulk grow.
This kit includes:
To re-use the kit simply bake the desiccant at 250 degrees for 60 minutes in the oven!
- Clear 16 Quart Container ( 3X size of the Standard Drying Kit)
- Mesh 0.5 mm separation Screen
- Removable perforated drying tray
- 10 oz. of Calcium Chloride Desiccant
- 10 oz. of Silica Gel Desiccant with color changing crystals
- Easy to follow instructions
Easy Mushroom Drying Kit
|| This kit includes everything you need to dry your mushrooms perfectly! There is no better way to prepare them for storage than to dry and preserve them the right way. Our Easy Drying kit combines two of the best desiccants we have tested for drying mushrooms. Guaranteed perfect results every time even in the most humid climates!
This drying kit can be used over and over! Dry pounds!
This kit includes:
To re-use the kit simply bake the desiccant at 250 degrees for 60 minutes in the oven and let cool briefly and they will be ready for use again!
- Clear 6.5 Quart Container
- Mesh 0.5 mm separation screen
- 10 oz of Calcium Chloride Desiccant
- 4 oz of Sicilia Gel Desiccant with color changing crystals
Alcohol Lamp Inoculation Bundle
||Flame sterilizing your spore syringe needle is a requirement when injecting spores into your substrate jars and spawn bags. Regular lighters contain butane which can leave black soot and cause the substrate to cling to the needle while inoculating. While regular lighters are suitable for a few jars or spawn bags, alcohol lamps with denatured alcohol burn hot and are the ideal choice for sterilizing larger quantities of substrate. (12 Jars+ or 4+ Spawn Bags)
This unique portable and durable alcohol lamp comes equipped with 2 ounces of clean burning denatured Alcohol and 4 premium metal reinforced wicks.
- Premium Iodized Aluminum Lamp
- Rubber gasket prevents leakage
- Vent hole for proper air/gas exchange
- 2 oz (60ml) of premium denatured alcohol
- 6-7 hours of burn time
- 4 premium cotton/wire mesh wicks
- Instruction guide
Coir is one of the best bulk mediums to grow mushrooms in. It's naturally resistant to mold and bacteria and mushrooms absolutely love it. When wet it expands to over 2.5 cubic feet. There are many different brands, styles and textures of coir sold for many different uses. We have hand selected Coco Coir, the best producing variety and brand available for growing mushrooms.
||1 brick (650 grams) of Premium Coco Coir - $10
Hygrolid Mushroom Storage System
Hygrolid system is the perfect storage solution for your dried mushrooms. Most of our customers end up growing much more than they can consume! There has always been a question on what is the best way to store dried mushrooms so they do not go bad. Our Hygrolid system is the answer!
The Hygrolid system:
Typically the shelf life of dried mushrooms is 3-6 months. The Hygrolid system dries, cures and stores your mushrooms at top flavor/potency for a year or longer!
- Protects against mold
- Prevents over/under drying
- Monitors the crucial final stages of drying
- Measures Relative Humidity (RH) in wide-mouth canning jars
- Built with stainless steel, assembled with food grade materials
Midwest Grow Kit's Hygrolid system comes complete with 1 Hygrolid, 1 Quart storage jar (store up to 20 ounces of dried mushrooms) and 2 silica drying packs.
Our Hygrolid system can also be used to store Spore Prints, Herbs, Spices, Tea, Tobacco, Cigars and much more!
Digital Electronic Gram Scale
||An essential to any hobbiest or chef, this extremely accurate digital gram scale weighs in measurements from 0.1 grams - 500 grams in a variety of measuring units. (Gram, carat, grain, pennyweight, etc.) It comes tested and pre-calibrated for immediate use.
We've tried and texted many models and found the most accurate and reliable model. This scale comes with a 1 year replacement warranty.
- 0.1g - 500g
- Multiple weighing modes with tare function
- The scale operates with two AAA batteries (not included).
- LCD display with blue back-light
- Over-load indicator.
- Protective cover included
- Auto off feature
- Tested and pre-calibrated, ready to use.
Perlite and Vermiculite
||1 Gallon Bag of Perlite - $5
||2 Gallon Bag of Perlite - $8
||3 Gallon Bag of Perlite - $10
||1 Gallon Bag of Vermiculite - $5
||2 Gallon Bag of Vermiculite - $8
||3 Gallon Bag of Vermiculite - $10
We also sell replacements for many of the items in our kits. Please call or email us for pricing